Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning from Hot Pot: What You Need to Know

2023-12-25 02:21:27
Schematic diagram.Artificial intelligence (AI) generation

[Zhang Cuilan/Comprehensive Foreign News]When the cold wave and low temperatures hit, people love to enjoy hot pot to warm up, but be sure to pay attention to safety. In Anyang County, Henan Province, China, 6 people ate charcoal hot pot in a restaurant box, resulting in 3 deaths and 3 emergency injuries. Preliminary investigations indicate they suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to a report by the Chinese media Jimu News on December 24, a netizen in Anyang County, Henan Province posted a video on a social platform on the 23rd, alleging that her husband died following eating hot pot with others in a restaurant.

Advertisement (Please continue reading this article)

The female netizen complained, “There were 6 people in a table, and 3 of them lost their front and back legs. I went to pick them up following drinking too much, and fell unconscious within a few minutes. Three more people were taken to the emergency room!”

According to local residents, the incident occurred at a restaurant in Baibi Town, Anyang County, Henan Province at around 11 pm on the 22nd. Three of the six men died following eating charcoal hot pot, and the other three were sent to the hospital for emergency treatment to save their lives. It is understood that one of the deceased felt unwell while eating and died following being taken home by his wife. One person died in the restaurant and the other died in the hospital.

After the incident, the restaurant was investigated by the police and asked to close.

Advertisement (Please continue reading this article)

Related Articles:  "Icemageddon": in Alaska, after the heat record, a deluge of ice

Baibi Town government staff said on the 24th that according to preliminary understanding, these people were poisoned by carbon monoxide. Relevant departments are handling the follow-up.

Carbon monoxide is an “invisible killer”. It is a colorless, odorless and tasteless inorganic compound gas. People often become unconscious once inhaled and poisoned. Mild symptoms of poisoning include headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, palpitations, dizziness, weakness of limbs and fatigue. If severe, breathing may be accelerated, myocardial hypoxia or infarction, arrhythmia, difficulty breathing, or even death.

Screenshot of a video posted online by the family of the deceased.Repost Weibo

★Join“One Ping” Linebecome friends with us!

A white cloth was pulled up at the entrance of the restaurant where the incident occurred in protest.Repost Weibo
1703515114
#Eating #hot #pot #private #room #cold #weather #kill #people #started #eating #people #lost #front #legs #Yiping #News #Network #LINE #TODAY

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.