Location is a tool that allows apps to know where your device is at all times. It is true that it can obtain information about our privacy, but it is also excellent when we use applications such as Maps, or Wikilock when we are taking hiking routes. Howeveris there any solution when our location is wrong? Let’s see it below:
Reset settings and privacy
Apple always provides the maximum privacy and security to its users and, therefore, any activation of any of the features that we can find in iOS can cause the location to be wrong. Therefore, the first thing you could check are the configuration and privacy parameters. To do so, you have to perform the following steps:
- Open the Settings of you iPhone
- Next, head over to the Privacy app. Click on it and all the options will appear.
- Choose “location services«. With it, you will be able to open all the location services settings.
- Then, scroll down, you will see the list of applications who have permission to use your location. Check if the application has any of the options that we attach below checked:
- Never: The app cannot access the location.
- Ask next time: The app will ask for permission the next time it needs to access your location.
- While using the app: The app can only access your location while you are using it.
- Always: The app can access your location at any time, even when you’re not using it. Depending on the app, you may need to grant it “Always” or “While using the app” access for it to work properly.
Remember that if you execute this option, all the network settings of your iPhone will be erased. This means that you will have to write down all the information again to configure these connections.
Reset network settings
Finally, one of the most radical solutions if an application does not indicate your application correctly is the possibility of resetting the Network settings. Here is how you can do it:
- Go to the Adjust your iPhone and go to the tab General. In it, you can access a multitude of settings on your iPhone.
- Choose “Restore”. You will then be presented with an option to view a list of reset options.
- then tap “Reset Network Settings”. When selected, you will be prompted to enter your access code. You will then be asked if you are sure you want to perform this action.
Remember that before determining if the problem is with the iPhone, make sure that the application is withinupdated to the latest version. If not, it is best to uninstall the application and download it again. In most cases, it is more than enough.
Also, check if the data and internet connection they work correctly, because if they don’t, it’s normal that the location is unspecific. If you think you have connection errors, try restart your device.
In conclusion, it is important to remember that keeping the Control of your privacy is essential. So you just have to grant location permissions to applications that you trust and that need this information to function properly.
#location #iPhone #fail