It is very easy to know that you received a message from WhatsApp while you are using your smartphone, since a pop-up notification of the application will be displayed at the top, however, the same does not happen when the mobile device is locked or with the screen off, because due to a privacy issue you will not be able to to see if someone has written to you. On this occasion, from Depor we will explain the trick so that you know if you have received a new message through the aforementioned instantaneous communication platform, all this without the need to unlock your cell phone. Take note.
Yes, it is possible to know that you have received one or more messages from WhatsApp without having to unlock the smartphone, because on many occasions users are not aware of it, therefore they do not know when someone can write to them. Thanks to the LED notifications, that light that flashes when your mobile is with the screen locked, you will differentiate if you have a pending WhatsApp message, since you will add a specific color to the application notifications.
The trick to know if you have a WhatsApp message without unlocking your cell phone
- First, check that WhatsApp do not have pending updates.
- Now, open the application and click on the icon of the three vertical points that are located in the upper right corner.
- Several options will be displayed, enter the “Settings”.
- The next step is to click on the section that says “Notifications”.
- Search and access the function called “Light”.
- Finally, select a color that differs from the cell phone notifications, we recommend choosing any color except white or green.
This happens with your WhatsApp account if you remove the SIM card from your cell phone
- Remember that WhatsApp It is an application that works with internet connection.
- It is true that WhatsApp asks you for a cell phone number to create an account, but if you receive a phone call you will not respond through the application.
- It only asks you for the number to verify that it belongs to you, it is a very important security filter, how does it know this? Because the app sends you a “verification code” via SMS text message, this is required for you to create an account.
- After this, the app will never use your number again, unless you change your smartphone.
- If you remove the SIM card you will be able to chat normally, as long as you have internet access, however, if you use the mobile data of your contracted plan, then when you remove the chip you will no longer be able to chat, make or receive calls and video calls .
- Nor will it allow you to link your account in the WhatsApp Web or Desktop versions, and if they were open they will close automatically because they depend on the mobile (something that will change soon with the “Multi-device” mode).
- It is recommended not to remove the chip or block it if you lose it, since this way cybercriminals would have access to all your account information.